2019 was one for the books. As we approach the end of the year (and decade), I couldn’t help but think back on all of the good (and not so good) things that happened. And yes, I included the not-so-good things in here too because we’re human, and I’d be lying if I said everything was great all the time. If there’s one thing I love to do, it would be introspection and reflection. It’s something I have worked on and done since high school, and something that both my mom & dad have always encouraged me to do. I’ve always seen importance in celebrating the good, learning from the bad, and moving forward with the things (habits, friends, relationships, jobs, hobbies, etc) that bring you joy and truly reflect who you are, what you believe in and most importantly, who you want to be. I’ll admit that I’ve been slacking a bit on taking proper time for myself to think through my emotions, thoughts and feelings lately, but life is busy. It’s the end of a decade, and I’m definitely going to make mindfulness and introspection more of a priority in 2020! For now, here’s a quick recap of all of my favorite and not-so-favorite things of 2019!
- Kicked off the new year in my favorite country (the Philippines) with Jack and my family. Island hopping was def one for the books, especially since it’s the first time I really got to show someone so special to me around the islands! 🏝️
- I was fully adjusted in my new role after getting a promotion the previous year, and this was my first red carpet season with my new position. I’d say it was pretty successful!🏆
February 2019 (My Fav Month)
- Jack and I got ENGAGED!💍 👰🏽🤵🏻Naturally, this was followed by tons and tons of celebration with family and friends.
- The Rams lost the Superbowl and it was a sad day for my household and the rest of Los Angeles.
- Took a valentine’s day weekend trip to San Francisco where Jack and I got to officially celebrate our engagement with tons of good food and fun! 💑
- Wedding planning officially began! 👰🏽🤵🏻We scheduled multiple venue tours all over CA and met with numerous vendors for our big day. Every weekend was booked and we were traveling around the state of CA, but it was still so much fun.
- During this month, Jack randomly sent me a text saying he may have financially committed to a puppy for a litter that was expected to be due in July. 🐶🐶 I, naturally, was so so excited, and then got super technical and logistical when reality set in. We lived in an apartment, and didn’t have a yard…something you kind of need for a 60lb Australian Shepherd. We knew we were going to move anyways, but it changed our plan as to what and where. Our solve? We decided to move into a house in the same neighborhood, and look for the one we could stay at for quite a while and start this new chapter of our lives together!
April 2019 (The Chill Month)
- We booked our venue and set a date! 💒 Which led us to….
- Booking our amazing Wedding Planner! We got a recommendation through a friend, and our search was immediately done.
May 2019 (My Other Fav)
- This is THE month I officially decided to launch my blog/brand and actually did it. 🤳 It had been a dream and vision of mine for years. Really, no joke…probably since my freshman year of high school! I finally realized that the reason I was creating this was to follow through my vision and dream, in hopes that some of the things I would write, experience and capture would help other women & young girls some day. Either way, I realized that it didn’t matter if people didn’t like it. All I needed was one person to like it, and that was me (and my momma). Thanks again mom for believing in me!
- May is when Jack’s birthday is, so I surprised Jack with a surprise weekend trip to Palm Springs! 🎂 He hates birthdays, but I love them. So I got him a gift that we could both enjoy 😉 Selfish or smart?
- Plot twist! 🐾 We got a call from our breeder that circumstances had changed and she unfortunately needed to leave Arizona and move to another state for family reasons. We had three options: get a refund, OR fly to her new state and fly back with the pup, ORRRR drive to Arizona in exactly 8 weeks and pick up a puppy from a litter that was *literally* just born. This threw a wrench in our plans because we still had not found a place to live yet and wanted to be settled in our new home before we brought home a puppy, not move around with one. When we saw pictures of the puppies (literally looked like naked mole rats but were still so cute), we fell in love with one little boy pup and claimed him as ours. This definitely changed our timeline and plans for the rest of summer but our Whiskey boy proved to be so worth it.
June 2019 (The Most Chaotic Month of My Life)
- Put in our 30 days at our old apartment.
- Engagement photos…check!✔️
- Engagement party….double check!✔️✔️
- Found the perfect home for us to move into, and the landlord told us it was ours!
- Ended up getting royally screwed over by that landlord, who rented to someone else with no reason as to why (we think they offered him more $$$). We had to be out of our apartment in 10 days and also had to pick up Whiskey that same weekend.
- Out of nowhere, an opportunity arose to move into a house of our dreams…but in September. It was too good to pass up, so we improvised. We moved out of our apartment at the end of June, put our stuff in storage for the rest of summer, and drove to AZ to get our Whiskey. We brought Whiskey “home” to the airbnb where we stayed for the next few months.
- The month where I’ve never cleaned up so much pee & poop in my life. All I can say is, thank goodness for Summer Fridays and my flexible team at work. Jack and I had a little puppy to raise! 🐾
- Work was reallllly ramping up with the planning of our 2019 People’s Choice Awards (only my favorite award show, ever).
- Announced to the public that I was launching a blog. Talk about scared AF. 💻😬
August 2019 (The Good & The Bad)
- BEST NEWS EVER. We were able to move into our home a month early! 🎉
- Not the best news, ever. Mom called to tell me she needed major surgery as soon as possible to get something removed. Never have I ever been so scared in my life.
- Rekindled friendships with some old friends of mine that I grew up with and am so grateful that I did.
- Asked my best gal pals to be my maid of honor & bridesmaids. 💖
- Mom’s surgery was a success!!! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
- My mom, future-mother-in-law and myself all went to a bridal store together for my first dress-on. A very surreal and emotional moment for sure!
- Voting started for the People’s Choice Awards and we were officially 2 months away from show.
- One month until the PCAs!
- Made some major moves with wedding planning – about halfway done! 🎉
November 2019 (Ok, My Final Fav Month #Thankful)
- The E! People’s Choice Awards took place on 11.10. A year’s worth of effort and planning all wrapped up into one big night.
- Met Rickey Thompson at the PCAs and just about died because he is my favorite social celeb, like ever. Couldn’t even keep my cool. #BOOTS
- Turned 25 on 11.23 and celebrated with my best friends. 🍾
- SAID YES TO THE DRESS!!!!💍💍👰🏽
- Spent time with family for the holidays. 🦃
December 2019 (Everyone’s Fav Because Holiday Season, Duh)
- Got our very first Christmas tree in our new home. 🎄 Somehow all the ornaments have survived Whiskey’s wrath.
- Holiday parties left and right, including our very own Holiday Housewarming!
- UP NEXT: Taking Whiskey to the snow for the first time. That b*tch will love it. ❄️❄️❄️
- UP NEXT: Saying goodbye to 2019 and hello to a New Year and Decade!
What are some of your favorite memories & moments from 2019? Comment below!